Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Cool Relief in a Glass

Temperatures are supposed to reach a whopping 101 degrees today which means, cooking and baking will be unbearable. And I'm pretty sure that doing the laundry will feel much like being in a sweatshop in Middle Earth. I don't mean to quibble but as a lifelong Seattlelite -- it's dang hot and I need some serious relief.

I suggest we all take our over ripened fruit and make smoothies. No need to crank up the stove. Just open the freezer and grab a handful of ice, throw in some ripe bananas, peanut butter, vanilla yogurt and then pour in soy milk. Blend it all up and enjoy. Ahhhh, relief in a glass.

That's the nice thing about smoothies, you just add in whatever you've got around. If the kids can do it, so can you. Stay cool.

2 comments:

  1. I use yogurt instead of soy milk - gives it a nice tangy twist :) I'm also thinking of moving into the library for a few days - books, AC and quiet - who could ask for more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on the hot, I got monty a kiddy pool and I got one for me....I lay in it reading. Anything to get through these unbearable hot days.

    ReplyDelete