Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day and Blueberry Vanilla Pancakes


Did you have a good Father's Day?

For Father's Day I made my husband a stack of homemade Blueberry Vanilla Pancakes. Rarely am I ever up before he is so I'm sure he was pleasantly surprised to find me knee deep in pancake batter when he awoke. Surprise!! Happy Father's Day!! {smiley face}

I wish you could smell and taste these pancakes. They cook up so easily -- light, fluffy and flavorful. These pancakes are delicate in texture, they don't weigh you down like the box mix stuff so you can eat a whole lot more of them . . . well, maybe that's not such a good thing after all, but you get my point. Here's the recipe:

Blueberry Vanilla Pancakes
Apdapted from: Allrecipes.com

Ingredients

1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
Frozen Blueberries

1.In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Pour in the milk, oil, egg and vanilla, and mix until well blended.

2.Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat, and coat with butter or cooking spray. Pour batter into desired size of pancakes. Place blueberries on individual pancakes. Flip with a spatula when bubbles appear in the center. Cook until golden brown on the other side.  
 
A couple of days ago. . .
 
We purchased a brand new grill. Our last grill lasted us a good, long eleven years so it was high time for a new one. My husband went online in search of a new one and a few days later, the UPS guy was at my door with a large parcel that seemed to weigh a ton. The UPS dude, donned in the signature brown shirt and shorts, graciously placed the heavy box on our porch. Gotta love the UPS man.
 
Grills are no fun to assemble. I mostly stayed out of the way giving my husband a wide berth to get all of the pieces in order.

Is your father and/or husband hard to shop for? I'm always torn when it comes to buying gifts for my  husband. My husband, if he wants something, normally just goes out and gets it which leaves me very little to buy. Luckily we have this new grill because I was able to buy him some nice grilling accessories. I'm not sure that it was what he had hoped for, but at least I didn't wake up on Father's Day with nothing in hand.


The girls were awfully excited to watch their dad open his presents.

Father's Day was rather quiet. It rained -- a lot. So we mostly spent the morning indoors working on puzzles and overall just trying to be on our best behavior so that Jon could enjoy his special day.
Now that we have this new grill, and new grill accossories, over the summer I hope to bring you lots of BBQ recipes. And just so you know, I'm new to grilling so I may not have pro-quality results to share with you. Please just bare with me. 

2 comments:

  1. thanks for everything, it was a great father's day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice day. Kenny's nearly impossible to get gifts for too. Must run in the family.

    ReplyDelete