Thursday, December 23, 2010

Gingerbread, Gingerbread, and more Gingerbread

I hope you are feeling jolly today and that you're filled with Christmas spirit and eggnog!! We have been very busy elves and before I have breakfast this morning, I want to share with you what we've been up to. I'll do so in pictures as I'm short on time today to chat.

First, we made a gingerbread sleigh...

The fun is eating the candy.

We also made sugar cookies....

I was being really lazy and bought this. I've never used it before so the girls were a little confused as to why we were making cookies when clearly there were already cookies in this bag. I had to explain to them that there weren't any cookies in the bag, just the makings for sugar cookies. Check out what we made...

Melted Snowman Sugar Cookies!!!

These cookies are super easy and fun to make. The messier the better.

While we made sugar cookies, Jon made Biscotti. He makes it every year.

Then while we were all busily baking, a surprise package appeared on our doorstep courtesy of my friend Kim, who lives in Florida.

The package included spatulas, aprons and gingerbread mix along with a cookie cutter. It was a gingerbread themed gift... how appropriate!! We were all so excited to try on our aprons. Thank you so much, Kim!!!

After we finished baking, we went downtown to take in the beauty of the city. Seattle is lovely.

First stop, snow at Pacific Place!

And then I got a glimpse of this coat and fell in love. I almost lost my family in the sea of people as I stopped to enjoy this beautiful scene. I didn't dare go in to find out the price.

Then we made our way to the carousel.

Then it was off to see the gingerbread houses.

We started our day with gingerbread and ended our day with gingerbread.

Now, I'm off to finish my breakfast. Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment