Sunday, February 6, 2011

Happy Belated Chinese New Year!

Happy Chinese New Year... a few days late.

We were all so tired this morning sleeping in a little later than usual. But despite our tired bodies, we hopped in the car and headed out for a late morning breakfast at DragonFish Asian Cafe. I wish I could tell you that we came here in honor of Chinese New Year, but the truth is, I hadn't thought about Chinese New Year until I started typing this post.
The girls thought the butter was chocolate and why wouldn't they? These little golden packets looked mighty tempting sitting there in the middle of the table next to the syrup.
I saw this misspelling and didn't say a word as I too have been known to fumble on a word or two or more. I would totally love to win a $100 gift card to Anthropologie! This Girls Night Out is starting to look more and more appealing. The $5 food and drink specials  are right up my alley too. Hmmm, this is definitely something to think on.
We were starving by the time we got to DragonFish so we all ordered a heaping plateful of everything. DragonFish has a new menu item... all you can eat pancakes for $9! What a deal! There wasn't a kid's menu so I asked the server if the girls could share the pancakes despite the "no sharing" disclaimer on the menu and she kindly obliged. The girls shared three extra large, extra fluffy pancakes and still wanted more. They also nibbled on my breakfast potatoes, eggs and toast. Yes, these girls are growing. We ordered one more pancake for them to share just to make sure they were nice and full. They ate so much that I didn't have to worry about lunch... they were fed well in enough to last them through the rest of the afternoon.

The Super Bowl game started a few minutes ago and I've got chili cooking in the crock pot. I'm not sure how hungry I'll be come dinnertime as I too ate more than I should have at breakfast. At least they'll be plenty of chili left to have for dinner tomorrow night. Enjoy the game my friends!!! Go Steelers! Go Green Day {as Sammy calls them}!

1 comment:

  1. Same to you, Maya! And thanks for the tip on the pancakes... they look yummy.

    ReplyDelete