Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mom and the Chocolate Factory

Our trip to the chocolate factory could not have come at a better time. When I heard that Alex's preschool would be taking a field trip to Theo Chocolates I could not have been more excited.


At home we've been reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and now we were on our way to an actual chocolate factory!! I'm not exaggerating when I say that I was more than a little giddy when I woke up this morning.
 
We started our morning with a brief stop at Starbucks to energize our bodies... as if I needed caffeine right? I'm heading to the chocolate factory, hello? Alex sipped vanilla steamed milk but I kept joking that she was having her morning java.
 
We started our tour by first covering our heads in pale blue hairnets. Then we followed our guide down a short hallway where the aroma of chocolate intensified.
I think I spy an Oompa Loompa.

There were so many bright yellow and red bins, most of which were filled with chocolate.

The samples were so good and only made me long for more. That was their plan, give me the first for free and then I'd have to pay for the rest. Believe me, their plan worked.

We were told to sample only three, but the kids were stuffing their little chipmunk cheeks with whatever they could get their hands on. I too probably had a good 15 or 16 samples, sneaking pieces whenever I didn't think anyone was looking. I'm not the best chaperon for these types of events and obviously not a good role model either. I'm sure most of the kids
were like, "That grown-up is stuffing her face, so why can't I?"


Even though the chocolate tasting got a little crazy, the lobby had an overall calm what with the fire going and twinkle lights. I really wanted to put my feet up and just lounge in front of the fire surrounded by chocolate.

I brought the hairnets home for the girls to play with and also made a small purchase from Theo's gift shop -- four bars of chocolate. It was such a fun and educational field trip. Did you know that chocolate is good for you? Yes! It is!! It was once used for medicinal purposes and so the next time I'm feeling sick, I'm just gonna pop a few hunks of chocolate in my pie hole and call it a day. Tylenol is out, chocolate is in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment