Sunday, April 17, 2011

Outside

I'm an admitted recluse. I have no compunction about staying indoors tootling about the house minding my own business. I've always been this way and I'll probably always be this way. I'm a homebody. I don't grimace at the sight of dark clouds or rain because it really doesn't get me down... that is, until this year. Am I right folks? The rain hasn't let up in months. But today! Oh today! It was beautiful, gorgeous even. And if I may be so bold, today was sumptuous. The girls played outside for most of the afternoon.

Tulips seemed to shoot out of the earth spreading their leaves like open arms to embrace the sun.

The girls made a mud cake covered in flowers while I pulled weeds -- a chore I didn't much mind in this weather. I only hope this weather will last; even a self proclaimed recluse like myself needs a little outdoor time every now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment