Saturday, June 18, 2011

Tonight

Tonight it felt like my children were testing me for sport? It felt like they were taking turns kick'n up a ruckus and were keeping score with tally marks etched somewhere secret away from inquiring minds. 

Tonight I felt it alright. Like someone had on a pair of snakeskin boots whopping me repeatedly on my backside all evening.

I wanted to run off to someplace far away where I could scream louder than a clap of thunder, and instead just made my way to the grocery store to pickup a few items for tomorrow's Father's Day breakfast. It was a short errand offering only a few moments of serenity with nothing more than the soulful styling of Diana Ross playing in the background... Do you know where you're going to? Do you like the things that life is showing you? Where are you going to, do you know?.... 

My girls are oh so sweet when they want to be...

...sweet enough to put a smile on a horse's face.

Other times they're a handful. They leave me so deflated, so tired and weary that I'm sometimes shamefully at a loss. I'm hoping tonight they, and also I, will get a good nights sleep so we can together celebrate Father's Day without incident and without any _ _ _ _ -- you fill in the blank.

No comments:

Post a Comment