Monday, June 15, 2009

Scrapbooking Art

Scrapbooking is something I've never spent much time doing. I don't think I have the patience for it. Now, with so many online scrapbooking services, I find it difficult to switch back to the old school style, manual way of storing photos. However, after visiting my friend Yuri Nishiyama I must say that I'm tempted to learn the art of good old fashion scrapbooking.

Yuri has an arsenal of scrapbooking paper, albums and even a fire engine red diecutting machine. I was so impressed with the heft of this gadget and even more so at the ease by which it cut perfect shapes out of ordinary card stock.

And did I mention that her scrapbooking studio is filled with wonderful dies of all shapes and sizes? You see, Yuri is not only a hobbyist but while in Japan she wrote several books on the subject.

You may see more of Yuri's work on her website, http://www.crop-happy.com/. The website is written in Japanese but please visit just to see some of her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment