Sunday, January 31, 2010

Popovers

Grub'n. This is the only word I could think of to describe these popovers. 

My husband Jon made these for us this morning and we all had 2nd, 3rd and 4th helpings. They're great with syrup or smothered in jam {I prefer the jam}. These are light and airy inside and crispy on the outside. One day I'd like to try them with a custard filling for a savory dessert.

My husband made these before but it was quite some time ago. I'd forgotton how delicious, and simple, these are to make. You really should try it.

Popovers

Ingredients
2 eggs
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat over to 450. Spray non-stick oil and flour 6 custard cups {we used muffin pans and made 24 smaller popovers rather than 12 large ones}.

In a medium bowl beat eggs slightly. Beat in flour, milk and salt until just smooth: being careful not to overbeat. Fill custard cups {muffin pans} 1/2 full.

Bake at 450 for 20 minutes. Decrease oven temperature to 350 and bake for 20 minutes more. Immediately remove from cups {muffin pan} and serve piping hot.
Allrecipes.com, submitted by Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment