Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Rice Pudding

  
The other day my friend Lisa told me that she made rice pudding for her three children and they loved it. So yesterday I tried making it for my little ones. I've never made rice pudding before so I really didn't know what to expect. Here's what I learned -- a little rice goes a long way. The recipe is from {here} where apparently I get all my recipes. I simply followed the recipe and then took note of some of the comments made by reviewers. If it weren't for the comments, I don't think I would have had much success. I'm proud to report that the pudding came out great.

As one of the reviewers suggested, I used one extra egg to make the pudding creamier and cooked the mixture until it was to my desired thickness.

This is a fantastic dessert idea for those of you with large families or if you have a potluck to attend. I'm still not sure that we'll be able to eat this entire batch but we're going to try.

And while this recipe is plain vanilla flavor, you can always dress it up with a sprinkle of chocolate chips, fruit and/or nuts.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE rice pudding. I have fond memories of it as a girl- my Uncle Sonny would make it and bring it over as a treat. He added rum soaked raisins to it, and lots of cinnamon. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom always made it for my dad, it was a favorite and we always had raisins in it too. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl and Charlie, I decided not to put raisins in it just because it was my first time making it, and the girls first time eating it. I wanted it to be as plain as possible. Next time, i'll definitely try raisins. Though last night I had it with chocolate chips and loved it.

    ReplyDelete