Friday, March 12, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie

Yesterday I made Chicken Pot Pie from a recipe I got {here}. My thought was that I'd make a large pot pie -- enough to last a few nights so that I wouldn't have to cook several nights in a row. Boy did that turn into a disaster. My girls did not like the pie at all. Alex was sweet enough to try a few bites but Sammy wasn't having it at all. Sammy finally took a few bites after she realized there would be nothing else to eat. My husband had several helpings and he's not what you would call a fan of comfort foods so that was a nice surprise.

I must admit that I was a little heartbroken after spending all that time in the kitchen only to find that the girls didn't want anything to do with my labor intensive meal. I even made sure to fill the pie with the veggies that I knew my girls would love. Instead of peas, I used broccoli, in place of celery I added potatoes. Still, I was unable to please them. No matter though, my husband loved it and so did I. This pot pie really is a good one to try especially if you want a meal to last a few nights. Your never know, your kids just might like it.

1 comment:

  1. This is the story of my life!! Great post.

    ReplyDelete