Monday, January 17, 2011

Skillet-Baked Chocolate Chip Cookie

Monday. I scorn the day Monday was invented as everyone knows it's simply code for, get to work! However, today we pause for a brief moment to relish in the wisdom and hope of our sweet Dr. King. We move about our day without care, free to go wherever and with whomever we wish because we can. My children understand primitively about Martin Luther King Jr. for they've learned about him in school through picture books, songs and brief conversations. It hurts my heart to know that some day, in their not to distant future, they will no longer be sheltered from real life. It's such a pity and at the same time such a gift... to teach children that we are all capable of making mistakes, but that wrongs can be righted, and sustained, provided we never forget.

To celebrate the day, I usually bake Black & White Cookies, 1). because I think it's funny, and 2). because again, I think it's hilarious. You can find the recipe and post here. Though today I found in my inbox a recipe for a Skillet-Baked Chocolate Chip Cookie. I must tell you that once you try this recipe it'll be hard to go back to making regular sized chocolate chip cookies. Click here for the recipe.

If you don't have a skillet, not to worry, just use a pie pan. It's also great served warm topped with a scoop of ice cream.

P.S. I saw a poster of a cup of coffee, the caption read, "If it ain't black, it's whack!" I happen to think this is damn funny too.  Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!! May it be filled with chocolate chips and vanilla ice cream!!

No comments:

Post a Comment