Saturday, January 2, 2010

Sensational Chocolate Truffles


Yesterday we rang in the new year with close friends -- eight adults and ten kids. It was so much fun. For the occasion I made chocolate truffles with the help of my good friend Gloria. Gloria is a novice chocolatier but this recipe is so simple that even she looked like a pro. {No offense Gloria}.

Ingredients
2 1/2 pkg. (20 squares) Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1 (8 oz) pkg. Cream Cheese

Melt 8 chocolate squares as directed on package. Beat cream cheese with mixer until creamy. Blend in melted chocolate. Refrigerate until firm.

Shape into 36 balls. Place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet.

Melt remianing chocolate. Use fork to dip truffles; return to baking sheet. Decorate and refrigerate.


I added a tablespoon of Grand Marnier to the mix for some zing. In the past I've also added Bailey's Irish Cream and also made them with other liquors too. Add as little or as much as you like. {I recommend adding more than a tablespoon because a single tablespoon of Grand Marnier isn't that much zing.}

Happy New Year!
Kraftfood.com

1 comment:

  1. mmm, I may be chocolated out, but it's only a tempory condition. Save one for me.

    ReplyDelete