Sunday, September 26, 2010

Cornbread Cake

Cornbread Cake. After having baked my first Donut Muffin, I thought I'd continue the trend with another food mash-up. This time combining cake mix with cornbread mix. I know it sounds bizarre and a little out there, but in fact it's actually rather tasty.

My first introduction to Cornbread Cake was at our summer block party. . . I could not stop eating it. It was clearly cornbread but sweeter and super moist. My neighbor L, the woman who made the dish, told me it was a Marie Callender's recipe which simply consisted of cornbread mix and yellow cake mix. Brilliant!

I don't suggest you make this for every time you're craving cornbread as I'm sure, if you're like me, you won't be able to stop yourself from eating half the pan, but I do suggest you try it at least once. . . you won't regret it.

Cornbread Cake
Recipe by: L by way of Marie Callender's Cornbread

Ingredients
1 box corn muffin mix (9 oz)
1 box yellow cake mix (9 0z) The standard box of cake mix is 18 oz. so you'll need to cut the recipe in half.

Prepare corn muffin mix per directions on box and cake mix per directions on box in separate bowl. Pour prepared yellow cake mix into prepared corn muffin mix and stir well. Pour into greased 9x12x2 pan and bake 350 degrees for 30 to 35 min until toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment