Sunday, January 23, 2011

Never A Dull Moment

I'm razzing in briefly to say hello as I haven't had much time to post lately. Both girls have been sick.  {Playing the role of Sammy will be Rebecca, left. Alex will be played by Molly, right.}

Alex has had a terrible head cold... violent coughs, runny nose and overall ickiness. I found these organic honey/lemon, sore throat drops in the linen closet which I'll have Alex try if this cough persists. I should have thought of this earlier, better late than never I suppose.

Sammy on the other hand has complained of severe stomach pains when bending to sit or stand. I took both girls to the doctor to find out exactly what all this mess was about. The doctor thought Alex might have Strep and fortunately the test results came back negative... it's just a terrible cold. Sammy was thought to have Appendicitis and as it turns out, she simply has an acute case of Kinect-itis. You see, the XBox Kinect recently came into our lives and Sammy has been twisting, bending, jumping, diving and doing all sorts of acrobatics which has caused muscle cramps. HA! I know, never a dull moment. Lucky for us that her doctor has a good sense of humor and laughed right along with us. On a serious note, I'm so relieved that she did not have a serious medical condition and that it was merely sore muscles.


Jon and I have been plagued by a messy office that desperately needed cleaning, dusting and decluttering... now you know how we spent our Saturday. During the bathroom addition, this is where everything was stored. Yesterday we finally manged to clear a path to our desk though there still lurks a pile of DVDs that needs major organizing. We plan to take all the DVDs out of their cases and place them in a large binder which will be easy to store in a drawer... out of sight, out of mind.

Ok, that's all I have for you today! Enjoy your day and remember to stretch, and warm-up your muscles before playing XBox Kinect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment